Monday, December 27, 2010

Home

One thing I love about being obsessive is my obsession about the ocean. Every time I see the massive stretch of blue going on forever into the distance and hear the sound of the seagulls combined with the waves crashing against the rocks, I breathe in a huge sigh of relief and could sit there watching the power of the waves forever. Of course, this means Brando and I go down there every chance we get. Sometimes I drag him there. Other times, like this time, I don't have to say a word and he drives us there without saying anything.
Checking out a new vista point neither of us had ever seen before

Revisiting our vow renewal (and proposal!) place from a different view - the sandy looking patch which is really rock in the distance before the cliff rises and turns green is where we renewed our vows this year and where Brando proposed to me ten years ago.
This is what I do when I get bored while Brando is taking photos
Gorgeous West Cliff coastline
It's hard to capture the awe of the ocean in a photo, but these pictures come close for me
And I love having these memories to look back on.

5 Comments:

Anonymous said...

I feel the exact same way about the ocean. We have to drive 4 hours to get to the ocean and have been known to do so when I need a "fix". :)

Ashley said...

what beautiful pictures. :) I love the sounds of the seagulls and the waves crashing against the rocks and coming into the shore line. It is breathtaking.

You guys are the one of the cutest couples I have ever seen!!!

<3 Ash

villagegirl said...

I too love the ocean! I could happily live beside it forever! Unfortunately ours is a good hour's drive away. Our very favourite camping spot is by the ocean. So, so beautiful and soothing.

Mrs. Architect said...

SO jealous!! I love your home!!! And love your tag "in love"! hehe

Pink Sun Drops said...

Sonya - Oh, I so feel you. When I used to live in a small town an hour outside of Austin, I insisted we make the hour drive into the city just so I could feel LIFE. Now, I live less than half a mile from a gorgeous lake and that is the only thing that keeps me from moving back next to the ocean in a heartbeat.

Ashley - You are too sweet. Thank YOU! We got that compliment once when we were first dating at one of our favorite restaurants, and I have never forgotten it. Now, getting the same compliment ten years later, makes my heart smile a huge smile that I won't soon forget.

Villagegirl - An hour drive is a lot closer than my eight hours drive to a barely acceptable Texas ocean, and 24 hours drive to the gorgeous Cali coast. I hope you take advantage of camping by the ocean often, that sounds amazing!

Goldilocks - You DO love my home :) . One of these days we will visit together. Did I get the hint that you are going there soon?? Or at least to the state? I love that tag line, too - so many reasons :) .

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...